Sponsored by Her Corner
It goes without saying that the growth of women-owned businesses is good for the economy. As of 2015, more than 9.4 million women-owned businesses currently operating in the United States are generating over $1.4 trillion in annual revenue and employing nearly 7.9 million people.
However 80% of women-owned businesses generate less than $100K per year. Why would the majority of these businesses stagnate below $100K? Researchers identified the major impediments that keep these businesses from growing:
- Lack of natural networking and collaborative opportunities.
- Lack of role models.
- Inability to access to financing, whether through lines of credits from banks, angel investors, private equity or venture capital firms.
Her Corner is, “a community of women entrepreneurs where members collaborate, network, and leverage one another’s expertise” to help grow their businesses. In short, they provide a much needed path for female business owners.
This path is paved with Her Corner’s three-fold mission of collaboration, inspiration and support.
- Collaboration made easy by providing networking opportunities through in-person, local peer groups run by facilitators, organization-wide events and online communities.
- Plenty of examples of women who successfully built their own companies. Whether through the Speaker Series or the member profiles, they show that it can be done.
- An intensive, hands-on peer group program to target the operational, marketing and financial issues of getting a business to the next stage.
Her Corner is fueled by the power of collective intelligence. It’s where women come together to collaborate and share experiences and advice on business in order to grow their businesses. And it works. In 2014, 73% of Her Corner members who participated in our annual survey said they saw growth in their business.
Grab their free resource: 5 Things All Woman Business Owners Should Know.
Her Corner provides multiple levels of memberships, including a free community membership. The idea behind Her Corner is simple: “We don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Coming together to share our experiences and ideas allows us to build our success exponentially. Join a group and see the results for yourself!”
Stay connected with Her Corner on: