OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The CASHFORREGISTERS SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of any of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of PayPal and SMB Connects dba GrowBiz Media (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, participating retailers, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, (“Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: Sweepstakes submissions must be received before 12:00:01 a.m. (midnight) Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on SEPTEMBER 30, 2013.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line CashRegisterRIP. You’ll be entered into the contest and also subscribed to SmallBizDaily’s TrendCast newsletter. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same email account, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry. The authorized email account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. An eligible individual receives one automatic entry into the Sweepstakes when he/she submits the requested information. All entries become the property of Sponsor. All Entries must be received and recorded within the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZE: 1 (one) winner will win 1 (one) prize. The prize is 1 (one) $2,500 worth of PayPal PoS hardware plus zero processing fees until 2014 (cashforregisters.com). No cash or other prize substitution will be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: The winner will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received, to be held on or about Friday, October 4, 2013. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail address provided upon entry, within 15 days of the drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify potential winner. The potential winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and where lawful, a publicity consent and release agreement, all within 10 days of notification or attempted notification. If the winner has not attained the age of majority in state of residence, prize will be awarded in name of parent or guardian. By accepting and/or using prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law and upon request will provide such consent in writing. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By entering, each participant agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final, and (b) that Sponsor, agents and representatives of Sponsor, its parent entity, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, legal advisors and advertising, promotion, fulfillment agencies are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due entries, mail, or e-mail; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel Sweepstakes at any time if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or entity it finds to be attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes.
7. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Los Angeles County, California. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. WINNER’S LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: SMB Connects dba GrowBizMedia, 4067 Hardwick Avenue, #296, Lakewood, CA 90712.