By Rieva Lesonsky
The life of a business owner is a busy one. If I had my way, days would be 30 hours long—and there’d be, like the Beatles sang: “8 days a week.” But there aren’t. So to help you stay on top of important small business news, information and advice essential to running your business, here’s my weekly Reading List.
If you have articles you’d like to share, get them to me by end of day Wednesday every week.
- The pitfalls of running a home-based business.
- Get control of your email.
- Lean start-up practices are not just for startups.
- Why you MUST learn to delegate.
- Is your non-profit summer ready?
- How to launch a new product.
- Grow your business using SWOT.
- Grab your share of the growing back-to-school pie.
- 10 mistakes to avoid when creating a customer satisfaction survey.
- Should you join a small business association?
- Do you want to franchise your business?
- If you can do it better, this entrepreneur says, start your own business.
- These 2 gutsy entrepreneurs just wouldn’t take “no” for an answer.
- Are you marketing to the women of The “Otherhood”? You should be.
- What’s a Yummie & why you should be marketing to them?
- How to make your content more engaging.
- The power of referrals.
- How to talk to the media like a pro.
- When’s the BEST time to find funding?
- Are bad emails wasting your time?
- Online & mobile are transforming back-to-school shopping.
- Are your customers & employees fighting?
- Is your retail sales team ready for the holiday sales season?
- What’s missing from your ecommerce website?
- “Pet parents” are spending big.
- Profiting from the U.S. apparel market.
- What’s hot for the 2014 holiday season?
- Are you footloose?
- 8 great resources for women business owners.
- Are women entrepreneurs raising money on Kickstarter?
Rieva Lesonsky is CEO of GrowBiz Media, a media and custom content company focusing on small business and entrepreneurship. Email Rieva at [email protected], follow her on Google+ and Twitter.com/Rieva and visit her website, SmallBizDaily.com, to get the scoop on business trends and sign up for Rieva’s free TrendCast reports.