What does the federal government shutdown mean for small business? Here’s some information from the Small Business Administration:
“Due to the lapse in government funding, only websites supporting excepted functions will be available unless otherwise funded. As a result, the information on this website may not be up to date, the transactions submitted via the website may not be processed, and the agency may not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted.
Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at http://www.usa.gov.
- SBA Disaster Operations REMAIN OPEN – for information on SBA Disaster Recovery Loans click here
- SBA’s Contingency Operations Plan can be found here
- SBA Lending Partners can find guidance here
- SBA Contractors can find guidance on their status here
- SBA Employees can find information about the operating status of the government here, and guidance for furloughed employees here