If you want to contribute an article/post, please email Maria Haubrich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we get hundreds of pitches a day, please do not be discouraged if it takes awhile to respond. Below are some guidelines to help you.
- We prefer posts to be 600-800 words with sentences of varying lengths. Check for readability (shorter paragraphs, subheads to break up sections, etc.)
- Please make topics current and specific. For example, instead of just Email Marketing, try 10 Subject Lines That Work.
- We write to business owners, both startup and growing companies–NOT employees.
- We LOVE infographics, especially if they come with an intro paragraph. Send to email@example.com.
- We do not publish company-specific news, press releases, or content reading similarly to a press release. Contributors are welcome to include a relevant CTA (1-2 sentences) with a hyperlink at the end of their posts.
- We do not add links to existing content.
- Given the large volume of posts that we receive daily, we ask that your posts please be in a ready-to-publish state consistent with our existing content when you submit them for final review. Posts that require heavy editing may be rejected. If the blog is not written in grammatically correct English, the piece will also be rejected.
- We syndicate content published on SmallBizDaily to third party sites. Please proofread and edit your posts carefully before submitting, as they syndicate the version originally published on our site. We cannot edit or remove posts syndicated to external sites.
- There is no deadline. Once you send the completed post, I will review and let you know if we can publish and a date of publication. We are usually scheduled several weeks ahead of time, so if you have a specific post date in mind, let me know. if you do not include a bio or your links are too promotional, the post will be sent back to you for correction and it will be delayed in scheduling.
Posts should have more than one non-promotional link. No more than one link in the body of your post should point back to any one domain and if a company is named, there should also be other companies. Please include more than one non promotional link in the body of the post (not from the same url!).
SmallBizDaily reserves the right to remove or nofollow any link at our discretion.
- Relevant articles/posts
- Sources of data, statistics or research
- Resources of value to the reader
- Affiliate links
- Casino links
- Links to your business website — please place these in your bio instead.
- Company social profile links — please place these in your bio instead.
If you are submitting a post in which any link must be included, it needs to be a sponsored post.
Other ways to make us happy:
*Please include a Twitter handle in your post bio. We love to share!
*Please share our Twitter when you share! @smbizdaily
By submitting articles or otherwise engaging in any communication within the Site, you are granting SmallBizDaily / GrowBiz Media Inc. (and its assignees) the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell your submissions to the Site (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate your submissions in other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or later developed.
All contributors are solely responsible for the content, originality and accuracy of their submissions.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to publish or remove any content from the Site for any reason whatsoever.
If you’re trying to reach our CEO Rieva Lesonsky for an interview or to do business, her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.