If you want to contribute an article/post, please email Maria Haubrich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we get hundreds of pitches a day, please do not be discouraged if it takes awhile to respond. Below are some guidelines to help you.
- We prefer posts to be 600-800 words.
- Please make topics current and specific. For example, instead of just Email Marketing, try 10 Subject Lines That Work.
- Our audience is business owners, both startup and growing companies–NOT employees.
- We LOVE infographics, especially if they come with an intro paragraph.
- We do not publish company-specific news, press releases, or content reading similarly to a press release. Contributors are welcome to include a relevant CTA (1-2 sentences) with a hyperlink at the end of their posts.
- Given the large volume of posts that we receive daily, we ask that your posts please be in a ready-to-publish state consistent with our existing content when you submit them for final review. Posts that require heavy editing may be rejected.
- We syndicate content published on SmallBizDaily to third party sites. Please proofread and edit your posts carefully before submitting, as they syndicate the version originally published on our site. We cannot edit or remove posts syndicated to external sites.
- There is no deadline. Once you send the completed post, I will review and let you know if we can publish and a date of publication. We are usually scheduled several weeks ahead of time, so if you have a specific post date in mind, let me know.
No more than 3 links in the body of your post should point back to any one domain.
SmallBizDaily reserves the right to remove or nofollow any link at our discretion.
- Relevant articles/posts
- Sources of data, statistics or research
- Resources of value to the reader
- Affiliate links
- Links to your business website — please place these in your bio instead.
- Company social profile links — please place these in your bio instead.
If you are submitting a post in which any link must be included, it needs to be a sponsored post.
We accept sponsored posts, but we require they be labeled as “paid” or “sponsored.” Please send sponsored post requests to email@example.com.
Other ways to make us happy:
*Please include a Twitter handle in your post bio. We love to share!
*Please share our Twitter when you share! @smbizdaily
By submitting articles or otherwise engaging in any communication within the Site, you are granting SmallBizDaily / GrowBiz Media Inc. (and its assignees) the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer, and sell your submissions to the Site (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate your submissions in other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or later developed.
All contributors are solely responsible for the content, originality and accuracy of their submissions.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to publish or remove any content from the Site for any reason whatsoever.
If you’re trying to reach our CEO Rieva Lesonsky for an interview or to do business, her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.