By Karen Axelton
Do you own a restaurant, or are you thinking of starting one? Then you need to know about 5 hot food trends recently spotlighted by Restaurant Daily. Here’s a rundown:
1. Nostalgic or comfort food, which can include everything from hamburgers to soul food to grilled-cheese sandwiches or meals reminiscent of Sunday dinner at Grandma’s.
2. Gastropubs, which combine a casual atmosphere with good food and drink, often locally sourced or putting a twist on traditional pub fare.
3. Upscale bar food – restaurants and bars alike are taking classic bar food upscale with gourmet twists on things like fried calamari, deviled eggs and potato chips. More bars are also offering more and better food.
4. Snacks – this combines two growing trends: First, all kinds of eateries are expanding into different dayparts to capture scarce dollars; second, consumers are showing interest in smaller servings and eating more often.
5. Vegetarian – the growing number of vegetarians or at least semi-vegetarians, combined with the popularity of locally grown and organic produce, has led to a surge in salads and other greenery on restaurant plates.
This is just a small taste of the details you’ll find in the article – check it out to get your ideas flowing (and your mouth watering).