Pantone’s fall/winter colors are here.
By Rieva Lesonsky
Yes, spring is barely underway—but Pantone has already released the color palette it says will be in demand for fall 2019/winter 2020. If you’re a retailer (online, brick-and-mortar or both), now is the time you need to start ordering your fall merchandise.
The Pantone Color Institute creates the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report every season. The report highlights the top colors fashion designers showed during New York’s Fashion Week, which will be featured in their collections. Of course, most retailers and designers follow the trend and feature the same colors in their own seasonal offerings.
The fall/winter colors, Pantone says, “reflect an emergence of confidence; bold and strong…Expressing our wide-ranging acceptance of color, combinations for Autumn/Winter 2019/2020 suggest a thirst for liberation and a desire to realize our own individualized unique identities.”
- Chili Pepper—a spicy red that’s all about drama and excitement
- Biking Red—an “adventurous” deep red that’s strong and powerful
- Crème de Pêche—a light peach which “speaks of softness and ease”
- Peach Pink—a warm and flattering shade that brings a healthy glow
- Rocky Road—an earthy, solid brown
- Fruit Dove—an “extroverted” pink that cannot be ignored
- Sugar Almond—a mid-tone shade of brown
- Dark Cheddar—a “daring” blend of yellow and orange
- Galaxy Blue—a shade “evocative of the greater galaxy”
- Bluestone—a color of quiet resolve
- Orange Tiger—imparts a “fearless energy”
- Eden—a “stately forest green”
These colors are joined by four updated, classic shades:
- Vanilla Custard—an understated, creamy white
- Evening Blue—a deep blue, “symbolic of the evening sky”
- Paloma—an “unpretentious, yet elegant” gray
- Guacamole—a refreshing shade of green
Pantone adds that color on the catwalk is a key indicator of the colors that will show up “across all areas of design,” so no matter what you sell, you should stock up on merchandise in these soon to be in-demand shades.
Photo courtesy: Pantone