Are you, or do you know, an enterprising woman? If so, you need to know about Enterprising Women magazine’s Enterprising Women of the Year Award.
Nominations are open for the 10th Annual 2012 Enterprising Women of the Year Award, which recognizes the top women entrepreneurs in North America and beyond and is one of the most prestigious recognition programs for women business owners.
Women entrepreneurs are eligible to apply for the award if they have been in business at least three years and meet any of the following criteria:
• Their company is at least 51 percent owned and managed by a woman
• They are a woman who owns, manages and controls the business with a partner, and they own at least 33 percent of the business
• They are a woman entrepreneur who leads a company that has obtained venture capital and, as a result, they now hold an equity position of less than 51 percent in their company
Nominees will be judged based upon:
• The revenue growth of their company
• The leadership they have exhibited in their local communities and/or at the state, national or international levels
• The ways in which they have given back to the women’s business community by mentoring or supporting other women in business
Nominees may enter in one of five categories, based upon their projected 2011 revenues:
• Businesses with up to $1 million in annual revenues
• Businesses with more than $1 million and up to $5 million in annual revenues
• Businesses with more than $5 million and up to $10 million in annual revenues
• Businesses with more than $10 million and up to $25 million in annual revenues
• Businesses with more than $25 million in annual revenues
The nomination deadline is Friday, November 18th.
Winners will be recognized at an Awards Celebration March 12-13, 2012, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and will be profiled in the April 2012 issue of Enterprising Women magazine.
If you have not previously won the Enterprising Women of the Year Award, visit www.enterprisingwomen.com to nominate yourself or someone you know. And let your fellow women business owners know about it, too!