By Rieva Lesonsky
Calling all entrepreneurial women: There’s still time to enter the Ernst & Young Winning Women contest, designed to accelerate the growth of women-owned businesses.
The winning women will join an elite network of the country’s best entrepreneurs and high-growth companies and participate in a customized program designed to:
- Identify potential partners, strategic alliances, customers and suppliers as well as prospective sources of private capital among selected venture capital and private equity firms
- Expand their knowledge with the latest information, research and executive dialogues on business strategies and practices tailored to high-growth companies
- Provide informal, one-to-one guidance and support
- Strengthen their executive leadership and business skills and identify opportunities to grow and scale their companies through meetings with senior advisors and seasoned entrepreneurs who can serve as role models, coaches and mentors; and
- Increase national and regional visibility for themselves and their companies among corporate executives, investors and the media.
Applicants “must have the confidence, conviction, tenacity, plan and overall professional acumen to take a high-potential business and scale it into a market leader,” says the Ernst & Young website. “Additionally, Entrepreneurial Winning Women should have the maturity and level of business sophistication needed to interact effectively with potential investors, high-level business advisors and top executives.”
If you’ve got what it takes–or know a woman entrepreneur who does–don’t wait. The deadline for entries is June 30. Visit Ernst & Young’s website for more information, to apply or to nominate someone else.