The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has recently updated one of its most popular tools, the virtual small business tax workshop. Renamed Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop, the online workshop now has updated content, enhanced navigation and interactive features.
The workshop consists of nine interactive lessons that provide training for small business owners who want to learn about their tax rights and responsibilities. For each lesson:
Users can customize the lessons to meet individual needs.
- The workshop is available 24/7 and you can learn at your own pace.
- The materials are free and you don’t need to enroll in advance.
- Users can select and view the stand-alone lessons in any sequence.
- The lessons are closed captioned so they’re accessible to all.
- You can view an outline or complete transcript of each lesson while watching it.
- Use the “bookmark” button to mark favorite spots in the lessons or stop and go back later.
- Links to online information pop up as the presentations play so you can instantly click on and view simultaneously.
- Use the “share” button to send links to favorite lessons through email.
To find the online workshop, visit www.irsvideos.gov and use the search words “Virtual Workshop.”